The Big Bus 2.0 provides the very best in engaging, interactive learning activities that reinforce classroom teaching in reading and writing, math, and science. Covering skills for students from PreK to grade 6, The Big Bus addresses and is aligned to core learning standards as well as developing 21st century thinking skills.
|The Big Bus 2.0|
Item #: 220114
Designed to make the journey of learning fun, teachers and students explore one of three worlds, based on age-range and ability. The 40+ interactive modules help students develop basic to advanced skills.
What's in each world:
What teachers are saying:
- Enchanted World - PreK students learn keyboarding, counting, and letter recognition, and develop problem solving skills and spatial awareness.
- Adventurers' World - K-grade 2 students test math skills, practice sight words, and explore reference books to develop information gathering skills.
- Explorers' World - Students grades 3 to 6 utilize a problem-solving, interactive environment to learn STEM skills, including LOGO and forces and motion, as well as develop writing skills within content areas.
“I particularly like the ease of use that the Big Bus offers, as my students are able to use it on their own. The cognitive concepts targeted are all very developmentally appropriate and the simple skills also reach the needs of delayed learners, making it a truly universal tool for the classroom.”
~Heather Dye, General and Special Educator Williamson County Schools
Why choose the Big Bus?
- Teachers and students can access activities from school and home
- Each ELA and Math activity is aligned to Common Core, plus CA Common Core, TX, and VA
- Science, activities are aligned to CA, FL, GA, IL, LA, MN, NY, OH, TX, VA
- Each activity comes with teacher tips and a lesson planSoftware is SMART Accredited and activities are optimized to be used on interactive whiteboards
- 45 activities let students work at their level and at their pace across the curriculum
- It's award winning – National Parenting Center Seal of Approval 2011, BESSIE Award winner, Codie Finalist
Teacher Tools allow The Big Bus 2.0 activities to be customized to match student skill level and physical need. Teacher notes, lesson ideas, and worksheets accompany many activities and allow educators greater flexibility for classroom use.
Activities are designed to compliment a variety of technology environments including traditional labs, portable computers, and student home computers. In addition, all activities are now fully whiteboard compatible. Many have been enhanced for multi-player use, creating the perfect setting for collaborative activity with groups of students.
Click to enlarge image
Minimum system requirements: High-Speed Internet Access, Internet Explorer 7or Firefox 3.5 or Google Chrome 15 or Opera 11, Flash Player 9
|Gogglebox - The Humanities Channel|| ||Grades 5-8|
|Gogglebox is a topic-based online workspace focused around high-quality BBC footage. 27 topics include the environment, human bodies, World War II, and more. |