Students can prepare for the MSA math tests using the 15 day trial of Test Factory for only $29.95! All students and teachers at your school will have full access to Test Factory anytime, anywhere.
|Test Factory MSA Practice Testing Service - 15 day trial for $29.95!|
Item #: 2175
This is a great classroom investment at under $1 a student*! With Test Factory, students take responsibility for their learning of math and teachers can follow their progress and help in the areas of need. Real time test and quiz results provide instant feedback for improving skills.
To order, fax purchase orders to (802) 375-6860 or call 800 220-8386 to order by credit card.
Test Factory is a formative testing service developed for the MSA in the state of Maryland. Students login at http://www.testfactory.net and practice taking standardized test questions, designed around the state's mathematics standards. There are schools using the Test Factory service that have reported raising student pass rates by 10%-15% and higher, with some of the biggest improvements occurring in special education and under-achieving student populations.
"Our experience in the first six weeks with http://www.testfactory.net has been nothing short of a phenomenon. It has raised our overall scores in the school 10%. From 45% to 55%" - John Bridgeo: Kettering Middle School, Technology Coordinator/Math Chairperson
To access Test Factory please click on the link below:
Features of this service include:
Tool Factory conducted a free trial introduction of Test Factory in which within 6 weeks of launch, over 18,000 practice tests were completed by students in 120 schools across 12 school systems in Maryland. Within 8 weeks, we were administering 7,000 tests per day.
- Online access for practicing anytime, anywhere.
- Practice tests have questions in every standard.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses for every student.
- Loads of 10-question quizzes on single standards for reinforcement.
- Instant scoring means students can rework problems and ask for help!
- Multi-level Administration tools.
- See test scores for the whole class, grade, or school instantly.
- Identify weaknesses to strengthen the school’s curriculum.
- Import data from your SIM.
- Meet NCLB requirements.
- Unlimited use by students and teachers at a school for one year.
A pilot study, led by a research consultant from a major Maryland university, was conducted to measure the success of the students in achieving the ambitious goals set by Wilde Lake Middle School. Here is a summary of the results of the pilot study:
Many schools across the state have reported similar improvements. This model has been so successful at Wilde Lake Middle School that other schools around the state are implementing this learning approach. This model is an integral part of the Bridges Over Wilde Lake program being funded through the 21st Century Community Learning Center grant.
- Overall pass rate for Wilde Lake's 7th grade students – over 90%, the highest in school history.
- Pass rate for “at risk” students increased from 49% to 75%.
- Students using a “two pronged” approach to math reinforcement, including 10 Minute Numeracy Tests software from Tool Factory, had pass rates of up to 100%.
- Average gain in MFMT score of 27 points for the study group, compared to an 11 point gain outside the study group.
- Communication increased between school and home, using Test Factory online preparation resource. Twenty percent of student test preparation time was spent outside the classroom, occurring between the hours of 7:00 PM and 11:00 PM at night - students were taking control of their own learning.
*Based on 30 students or more. With the trial and full subscriptions, Test Factory accessable to all students at your school.
Click to enlarge image