We would like to thank everyone who submitted their incredible animations for the High Seas Animation
Contest! Judging is now complete and we have our winners! The winners of the High Seas Animation Contest are:
- Grand Prize Winner:
- People's Choice Winners:
Matthew Wyand and one guest will be traveling to Montreal, PQ for the Montreal Stop Motion Film Festival on October 19th! Matthew, Alexandra, and Shane will also
receive Stop Motion Pro software and an assortment of modelling accessories. The full list of prizes is available in the prize
Congratulations to all who entered!
The Pirates! Band of Misfits in production with Stop Motion Pro.
We would like to thank all of you who submitted your incredible animations to contest over the last month! The judging process has begun and we expect to be announcing the winners within the next three to four weeks. All winners will be notified via email if their animation was selected. We will also be posting the winning entries on our website, as well as Facebook and Twitter pages.
Again thank you to all the participates competing in this swashbuckling adventure!
Help us celebrate the release of The Pirates! Band of Misfits
by creating your own swashbuckling adventure and the pirate treasure could be yours! Enter the High Seas Animation Contest
by uploading your own pirate-themed animation to the official page on SchoolTube
before midnight on May 29th, 2012 EDT for a chance to win a trip for two to
the Montreal Stop Motion Film Festival
, the same software used to film The Pirates:
Stop Motion Pro Studio HD, and more.
The contest is open to US and Canadian students ages 7 to 18 in K-12 schools.
Check out the contest introductory video below!
1 Grand Prize Judge's Choice Winner will receive:
The Judge's choice winner will also receive a network license of Stop Motion Pro Studio HD Edu., 13 Packs of Plastalina Modeling Clay, and 1 Canister of Clay Modelling Tools (140 pcs.) to outfit their whole school!
2 People's Choice Winners will receive:
- Download your free trial of Stop Motion Pro Studio HD. You'll need a computer with Windows, a webcam, and a character to animate.
- Create your own short (under 2-minute) stop motion pirate-themed adventure. Click Here to learn the basics of how to use the software.
- Upload your creation to SchoolTube before midnight EST on May 29, 2012 for a chance
to win. (Note: If you are under 13, you will need your parents to submit your entry). To create your SchoolTube account:
- Go to the Create Account Page and find your school to register.. If it's not
there, Create a New Organization Account for your school.
- Once you've created an account, have a teacher from your school register for a
moderator account to approve your video entry once it is submitted (your video must be approved by a teacher on SchoolTube to be published).
- When you have created your video, go to the High Seas Animation Contest page and press Submit Your Video. Once your video is
approved by your teacher moderator, it will be published on the contest page.
- During the upload process, enter the unique tag "highseas" (one word) in the section provided for tags.
- Vote! The more thumbs ups you receive on SchoolTube before midnight EST on June 1st, 2012, the closer you are to winning the people's choice award!
If you have any questions about the contest, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Animations will be judged on 50% originality and 50% creativity. Eligible entries will depict the coolest pirate-themed action you can imagine.
Try to think outside the box and show us a different side to pirate life if you can. To qualify, entries must also be appropriate for an audience of any age. Any
submissions depicting inappropriate themes (foul language, adult themes, alcohol, etc.) or containing copyright protected material (music, etc.) will be disqualified
and not appear online or be eligible for prizes.
Any entries after midnight EST on May 29, 2012 can be posted but are not eligible for prizes.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MANY WILL ENTER; ONLY 3 WILL GET THEIR HOOKS INTO GREAT PRIZES!
By entering this contest you are agreeing to these main parts of the official rules:
- SchoolTube account required for entry. If you do not have an account, you may sign up for one at no charge at SchoolTube.
- To enter, click the "Enter Now" Button between April, 27th, 2012 and May 29th, 2012 and follow the instructions.
- The contest is open to all US and Canadian students ages 7 to 18 in K-12 schools. Judging will be broken into two age groups for the People's Choice awards:
7-11 year olds, and 12-18 year olds.
- All entries must be original. (Nothing is copied or taken from copyrighted sources.)
- There will be One (1) Judge's Grand Prize Winner and Two (2) People's Choice Winners selected from all entrants.
- If you win, there will be additional forms that will have to be completed within 14 days of the winner's email being sent, otherwise the prize will be forfeited.
- All prizes will be awarded: meaning if a potential prize winner is deemed ineligible, another winner will be selected.
- All sponsors involved have the right to disqualify any entrants suspected to fraud, or unfairly manipulate the outcome of the Contest.
To see the full official contest rules, please visit the link below.