Required products: Tool Factory Database V2
When charting the values of one field against another, it becomes possible to explore relationships. This is a great feature for encouraging hypothesis and speculative thinking.
*TIP* Only numerical fields can be charted against each other. If the “Graph One Field Against Another” button is not active, then there aren’t two numerical fields in the database.
CHARTING ONE FIELD AGAINST ANOTHER
Make sure the BROWSE RECORDS button is pressed.
1) Click the GRAPH DATA icon in the upper right corner of the toolbar.
2) Select the “Graph One Field Against Another” button.
3) Select the fields to graph from the left and right lists. Notice it’s possible to graph all records, or just the search results.
4) Click GRAPH button. Explore the different types of charts and graphs.
5) Click “X” to close chart.
6) Click the BROWSE RECORDS button to return to card view.
Notice, the icons for bar chart, pie chart, scatter graph, or line graph are readily available in the toolbar.
*TIP* If the data looks strange, use the menus to select OPTIONS>DATA SERIES IN COLUMNS. This will reverse the way the axis are charted.
Printable step-by-step instructions
See different graph types
Mac users: To download, ctrl-click on the worksheet and choose "save link to disk"
Click images to enlarge|