Required products: Tool Factory Database V2
There are fantastic search capabilities in Tool Factory Database. The searches can be contextual, depending on what type of information the user is looking for. It’s possible to add many search terms to a single search, in order to define and locate a very specific piece of data.
CONDUCTING A SEARCH
Make sure the BROWSE RECORDS button is pressed.
1) Click the “Search Database” icon in the top toolbar.
2) Click “Add Term”. A window appears.
3) Select the field to search on, in the top box, by clicking the down arrow. Notice the second selection box is contextual. It changes depending on what type of field is chosen.
4) Select the parameter by clicking the down arrow in the second box.
5) Define the value of the parameter in the third box (if applicable).
6) Click OK.
7) Click SEARCH.
Notice when using the left and right arrows to browse the found records, it only shows those records which match the search criteria
Once the search is complete, click on the “Find All” icon and all the records will return to the current browse. Click the left and right arrows to browse all records
Printable step-by-step instructions
Mac users: To download, ctrl-click on the worksheet and choose "save link to disk"
Click images to enlarge|