Required products: Tool Factory Word Processor
Students will click and drag jellybeans to measure the length of objects.
1) Open the "Jellybean Measure" worksheet in Tool Factory Word Processor.
2) Select FILE>SAVE AS and save the worksheet as the student's own.
3) Show the student how to click and drag the jellybeans at the top of the page under each item.
4) Have the student complete the worksheet by dragging the jellybeans under each item.
5) Have students count to number of jellybeans it takes to measure the length of each item.
6) Remind students to save their work.
If you do not have Tool Factory Word Processor, print out the worksheet called Jellybean- Cut and Paste. Have your students cut out the jellybeans from the top of the worksheet and glue them under each object. Students can count the number of jellybeans used to measure each object and write in the number.
Have students measure objects around the classroom using cereal, candy, blocks, or noodles. Make sure that students use the same item (i.e. all jellybeans to measure the length of a pencil) to measure each object.
Mac users: To download, ctrl-click on the worksheet and choose "save link to disk"
Jellybean Measure Template-Drag and Drop
Jellybean Measure Answer Key
Jellybean-Cut and Paste
PBS Kids- Cyberchase
Math Cats- Inchworm
Apples 4 the Teacher
Click images to enlarge|