|Find the Perimeter
Required products: Tool Factory Word Processor
Highlighter- Printable Version Only
Students will find the perimeter of shapes by clicking and dragging lines to cover a shape's edge.
1) Open the "Perimeter Template" worksheet in Tool Factory Word Processor.
2) Select FILE>SAVE AS and save the worksheet as the student's own.
3) Show the student how to click and drag the colored lines from the bottom of the page onto the perimeter of each shape.
4) Have the student complete the worksheet by dragging the colored lines to cover the perimeter of each shape.
5) Have students count to number of colored lines it takes to cover each perimeter and type it on the line next to each shape.
6) Remind students to save their work.
If you do not have Tool Factory Word Processor, print out the worksheet called "Perimeter-Highlight." Have students use 2 colors to highlight the perimeter of the shapes. Students can count the number of lines they highlighted. Students then write the perimeter on the line next to each shape.
Have students use yard sticks, rulers, pencils, and/or popsicle sticks to measure items in the classroom (i.e. classroom, doors, windows, desks). Talk about how the measurements are different depending on what you use to measure with.
Mac users: To download, ctrl-click on the worksheet and choose "save link to disk"
Find the Perimeter
Find the Perimeter 2
Find the Perimeter 3
Find the Perimeter 4
Perimeter Answer Key
Click images to enlarge|